10/26/2011

Slim the Mobster talks about working W/ Dr. Dre & Snoop



Slim The Mobster:

'For "What Goes Up", me and [producer] Sha Money XL were listening to the beat and I had a meeting with Snoop Dogg and told him about what I wanted to do. I told him I wanted to give him the record and so I played him the beat and we did it.
It was an instant classic from the time me and Snoop Dogg finished the song. This record was easier to record than a lot of my other songs. It wasn't just because of the beat because Snoop was really excited about it too.
So that's what made it a lot easier. It's hard when you got to make somebody feel something. But if they feel it right away, then it makes things a lot easier. I didn't feel any pressure by having Snoop on the record because I feel like I can hold my own with anybody.
My confidence is there so I don't think that's ever been one of my problems. But I never had that resistance, especially when you work with Dr. Dre. Who else is there [that famous]? Snoop Dogg and Dr. Dre are like the two biggest things in Los Angeles. When you work with Snoop Dogg and Dr. Dre, you don't have fear. You get over the entertainment butterflies'. 

Check Out Slim the Mobster & Snoop Dogg's "What Goes Up" : DOWNLOAD
Source: SOHH

No comments:

Post a Comment